The Reformed Churches obtain all their doctrines from the Bible. We confess that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments fully contain the will of God, and that whatever we ought to believe for salvation is sufficiently taught in them.
- We believe in one God, eternal in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the only living and true God, the creator of heaven and earth.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the only inspired and infallible record of the revelation of God to man, and are the supreme authority in all matters of life and faith.
- We believe in the universal sovereignty of God over all that he has created and maintains.
- We believe in the providence of God whereby he sustains the universe, governs the world, supplies the needs of his people and brings his will to pass.
- We believe that we were created in the image and likeness of God to have dominion over the earth and to do all things to the glory of God.
- We believe in man's universal fall into sin through Adam's transgression and in his subsequent disobedience, guilt, condemnation and judgment before God.
- We believe that God by his grace, and according to his good pleasure, restores to himself and to his service, all who in true faith call on the name of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of the Father: that he was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, crucified as a ransom for many, died and was buried, was raised from the dead and ascended into heaven. He is presently at the right hand of God the Father, and will personally return to earth in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to apply the benefits of Christ's redemption to individual sinners, working in them regeneration, faith, repentance, sanctification and glorification.
- We believe one holy and universal church which Christ the Lord and head, gathers, preserves and defends for himself by his Spirit and word, out of the whole human race.
Click here to find more detail on the beliefs of our churches, which may be found in our creeds and confessions.