Overseas aid on behalf of the churches within the denomination is coordinated by the National Diaconate Committee, based in Auckland. The committee has the difficult task of assessing competing needs, each of which is deserving of assistance. Unfortunately, the resources of a small denomination must of necessity be relatively small and NDC has chosen to support a smaller number of projects where a difference can be made.
Recent and current projects include:
- a Christian boarding school for deaf children in Zimbabwe
- relief for people affected by cyclone damage in Myanmar
- partial support for a full time diaconal worker in Uganda
- medical and IT training assistance for a Christian hospital in Pakistan
- provision of medical and other supplies in support of the missionary outreach in PNG
- provision of medical and other supplies to the Solomon Islands
- funding for a Christ-centered diaconal mission to prostitutes and HIV victims in Chennai
All projects are under constant evaluation and the Committee is always ready and willing to receive suggestions for new projects.